Post-Divorce Financial Checklist
Divorce is never easy. Here are a few tips to come out with your best foot forward.
- Ensure that all accounts held “Jointly” are cancelled/closed/suspended
- Update beneficiaries on retirement/ investment/ and insurance accounts
- Re-calculate insurance needs and adjust policies
- Consult attorney for changes required on Will, Power of Attorney, and Health Care proxy
- Create new financial plan with updated budget and projections
A financial planner should be to assist in each of these topics and more. Creating a checklist and going through each item will help organize your new situation and plan for your future.
"Do not be afraid to start over. This time, you are not starting from scratch. You are starting from experience" - @1996Biggs https://twitter.com/1996biggs/status/1124777559281913856?lang=en